Tuesday 21 April 2009

Seriously?

As someone who often can't walk through a door without coming back and doing it again several times, I know a crazy and pointless activity when I see one.

If you believe in a talking snake, you'll be on my wavelength. Not that I think that aliens are sending me evil thoughts through my microwave or anything.

Hide the tin foil just in case...

Its seems to me that if you are spending huge chunks of your time on this planet worrying whether or not your ghost will get to do the electric slide with the Almighty one day, you could be doing something more valuable with your time.

Religion looks to me like a very ancient form of OCD - your do stuff that the rational part of your brain never would do in a million years, just in case. If someone in a robe and a natty pair of sandles told you to worship Neil the Ever-Loving Man-Fish or you will drown in the whirlpools of Lleh for all eternity, would you hand him some cash for the collection plate and arrange to meet on Sunday?

I would, but only if I'd not been taking my pills and even then, I'd think twice. What is it about religion that prevents it from the slightest bit of questioning?

Personally, I have more than enough on my plate trying not to upset my biro in case my parents die, without heaping the baby Jebus on for good measure.

No comments: