Thursday 23 April 2009

Just when you thought they could sink no lower...

There are some news stories that make me feel so sickened by the human race that I would rather be a tree with a dog peeing on it than a homo sapien.

In recent months, many of these stories have been about Jade Goody. Of course, her death was a sad event. It should have been a very private one, but this didn't stop several media outlets going bonkers about Goody's demise.

If there is a hell, I would like to think that there is a special place reserved for the editor of OK. This esteemed publication printed a "1981-2009" tribute issue about Goody before she succumbed to cervical cancer. Stay classy!

The lastest exercise in ghoulishness is a planned musical of Goody's short life. Max Clifford (who I am sure sleeps very well) is involved in this dirty little scheme - as is one of Jade's former business partners.

This cashing-in on a person's death makes me want to throw up in my mouth, no doubt. I am, however, very interested to see if the producers will put Jade's bullying and Jack Tweed's thuggery to music.

Will they also show the hoardes of hysterical parasites intruding on what should have been a time of mourining for Goody's family and friends? Maybe they'll include a scene or two about the media's dramatic change of opinion on Goody?

I'm sure that the show will be a West End smash - but then again, Mein Kampf was a best-seller.

No comments: